6.08.2009

A dream deferred... no more.

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

-Langston Hughes-

This dream shall no longer be just a dream, but rather a reality.
Yesterday, I opened my acceptance letter from Fordham University.
My mom had been holding on to it for weeks, and just remembered she had it.
The word "Congratulations" popped off the page at me.
All that I'd worked so hard for, wanted for so long now,
was finally becoming a reality.

The question then becomes...
Do I leave behind all that I have grown so accustomed to,
or do I go after my dreams, and take control of my future?

In life, we all have decisions like these to make...
whether to leave our comfort zones for bigger, better opportunities...
or "leave it in God's hands" and hope that the door will reopen for us in the future.
Well, I'm not one for prayer, or using God as an excuse not to act.
So I am going to go for it.

In the words of my close friend Monique:
"It's your life! At the end of the day,
you have to do what's best for you..."

She's totally right.

I got into Fordham University at Lincoln Center.
My college is in the Upper West Side.
I'll finally be in New York City!!!

Wish me luck.

-robb-

0 cmnts:

Post a Comment